Friday, April 14, 2006

 

R.I.P. DeShaun 'Big Proof' Holton (1973-2006)



Detroit Hip Hop lost another son this week when Proof was tragically gunned down in a Detroit night club. Another young brother is victim to the gun violence that has plagued the black community. Gun violence is a huge problem in the community. Too many mothers are losing sons and babies losing fathers. A change has to be made because too many lives are being ruined.
I always liked Proof, I thought that aside from Em, he was the only one in D12 with skills. My earliest introduction to Proof was in 2000 when I got this 7 minute freestyle with him and Em ripping it. It was hillarious and you can tell that it was just two good friends having fun on the mic, enjoying a cipher together. Its awesome. I am sharing that song with y'all here today.

Big Proof and Eminem-7 minute freestyle

R.I.P. Proof

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?