Tuesday, May 02, 2006

 

"He Believes the Same Thing on Wednesday That He Believed on Monday No Matter What Happened on Tuesday"

So, I've made it a concerted effort not to write about Bush jr. on my blog. The world is a big place and there is more to talk about than Bush jr. He is an easy target and most of what I would have to say about him is boring because I've said it all before. In fact when dealing with such an easy target, you have to be creative about your criticisms for them to be effective or memorable. I guess I'm just not creative enough.
I'm sure you've heard about Stephen Colbert's speech at the white house correspondants dinner. It was satirical genius. His whole bit is that he is the ultimate right-wing pundit, but he uses this position to show how backwards it is to blindly follow conservative ideology. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Colbert Report-the schtick is funny for a 5 minute segment but to draw it out into a 30 minute show, 5 days a week seemed like a bit much. Then again, Bill O'Reilly does this everyday for real so I guess its not that far-fetched. Anyways, what Colbert did at the correspondents dinner took HUGE balls, he absolutely killed the president and his administration straight to their faces and didn't even flinch once. The crowd reactions are the best part. People in the audience are like: 'Ohhhhh Snap!! Did he really just say that? Damn!!!' Even better, Bush's reaction at the beginning was to laugh, but half way through, when he realized what Colbert was doing he was not amused. This performance instantly makes Colbert a comedic legend. Anyways, check the videos and judge for yourself.


Edit: YouTube have suspiciously taken down these videos (hmm......i wonder why). Anywyas they are all over the net and I could find them if I get any requests, so let me know.
Edit 2: Check it out here, while I work on my code skills and find a way to embed this on my site.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?