Monday, August 14, 2006

 

The New Danger: The Project For The New American Century

So if you need anymore evidence that neo-conservative American imperialists are plotting to take over the world, I direct you to this site. The Project for The New American Century is a think tank run by the people who run America and have been running it since 2000. Their mandate is essentially to achieve the goals of Pax Americana and Manifest Destiny . They believe that since America is the only superpower left in the world (at least it was at he close of the 20th century), they should spread their ideals across the globe through economic, military and diplomatic influence.
I know I may be biased so lets try this: the PNAC is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to a few fundamental propositions: that American leadership is good both for America and for the world; and that such leadership requires military strength, diplomatic energy and commitment to moral principle. That ialicized part comes straight from their own website, I didn't change a word. I first discovered PNAC in 2002, not too long after 9/11, which they have used as a springboard to launch their agenda. The thing I find interesting about PNAC is that they are so blatant about what they do, and yet they are so clueless that 'trying to take over the world' is a terrible ideathat won't work. The Iraq war was their first real experiment to spread democracy and American ideals and it has been a collosal faillure.
I find it funny that even conservatives are uneasy to the idea of PNAC and its mission. I remember a few years back when I was talking to my good friend (who happens to be a conservative) and asked her what she thought about PNAC. Well no surprise she hadn't heard of it, or that all these guys (Jeb Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld) who founded PNAC were the ones who were directing American policy. I told her that that they are spreading American ideals all across the globe and that it is all clearly written on their website. She incredulously dissmised my 'facts' as left wing conspiracy theories. I told her I'd send her the URL and she was like I don't wanna waste my time with your internet hoaxes, such a thing doesn't exist. So that was the end of that. No discussion, no clue. But yeah we have all lived through the New American Century for the Past 6 years and in the spirit of the man who inspired the PNAC I have to ask: 'Are you better off then you were 6 years ago?'

Here's a great interview with William Kristol (director of PNAC) on the Colbert Report. Although its a comedy show, it gives you an idea of what they are all about (if it wasn't already clear enough).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?